Sarasota, FL Charities: Giving Back This Thanksgiving

    Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season and a time when people are reminded of the gift of giving. Perhaps, this year as you begin to make holiday plans for you and your family, you will consider getting involved with one of your local Sarasota charities to brighten the lives of others as well. Here are some you can help and volunteer at around Sarasota, FL.

    Sarasota FL Charities
    by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture

    The Meals on Wheels Association of America

    • 421 N. Lime Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34230
    • Phone: (941) 366-6693

    MOWAA is perhaps the most appropriate organization to consider donating either time or money to during Thanksgiving. The organization provides over one million meals to seniors each day and comprises of 5,000 local Senior Nutrition programs in the nation. Donations help provide food, maintain and repair cooking appliances/equipment, and deliver food to senior centers and directly to senior’s homes. In addition to providing nourishing meals, the Meals on Wheel Association allows seniors to maintain independence and continue to live in their own homes.

    Habitat for Humanity

    • 1757 N. East Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34234
    • Phone: (941) 365-0700

    Thanksgiving is a time for celebration with loved ones at home. This makes the importance of having a safe and happy home even more pronounced during the holiday season. Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing adequate, safe, affordable housing to people in need. The organization believes that this acts as a foundation to create better lives for them and their families. Habitat helps to make the American dream a reality for people in need. All habitat homes are funded by donations and built by volunteers from all over the country.

    Make-A-Wish Foundation

    • 1223 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239
    • Phone: (941) 952-9474

    The Make-A-Wish Foundation has been granting the wishes of children diagnosed with life threatening illnesses since 1981. Having small and large wishes granted can give children a powerful sense of hope during difficult times. The Foundation has granted wishes including trips to Disneyland, meeting celebrities, attending the Superbowl and acting as honorable police officers and firefighters. Those interesting in participating with this life changing organization are encouraged to donate their time by being a wish-granter, translator, or fund raiser. Alternately, monetary donations are also accepted to help the foundation grant wishes.

    All Faiths Food Bank

    • 8171 Blaikie Ct.‚Ä®Sarasota, FL 34240
    • Phone: (941) 379-6333

    The All Faiths Food Bank in Sarasota is a member of Feeding America, a national hunger relief charity. This local food bank provides 85,000 meals each week to school children and members of the community. In addition to feeding the hungry, the food bank is also a huge educational resource for anyone interested in learning more about proper nutrition or breaking the cycle of poverty. Rest assured that 91% of your donation will be spent on food assistance while the other 9% is spent on administrative resources necessary to support the program.

    Click Here to Explore Homes for Sale in Sarasota

    Trackback from your site.

    Leave a Reply

    About our blog

    +1 us on Google Plus!


    Contact Us Now

    Any questions, comments, or feedback